Now that Petrina will be contributing to the blog, it seems like the perfect opportunity to do a Q&A so you can all get to know her better.
Here are some fun facts about her:
- TV Obsession: Right now? This reality show called Alone where they drop people in the remote wilderness to see how long they can survive with minimal gear and supplies. The last person standing wins. This show is way out of left field for me but it’s so interesting to see how different challenges affect different people – for some its food or shelter, and for others its more of a mental thing – it’s totally fascinating!
- Favorite Book: I love Isabelle Allende’s House of Spirits, which is one of the first books I read in both Spanish and English. It’s rich with detail, very eerie, and covers an important time in Chile’s history. Plus, I love a good family saga.
- Favorite thing about living in Vancouver: It’s a tossup between its beauty and its food. There’s something special about a city where you can go for a lunchtime run along the ocean looking up at snow-peaked mountains. However, Vancouver has such a fabulous variety of food, especially from the Asia-Pacific region. The possibilities are endless!
- Favorite trip you’ve taken: My trip to the Rioja region of Spain with Anna is probably one of my most memorable. But I went to Vietnam last year and fell head over heels in love. I think about it all the time and am dying to go back.
- One place you want to go you haven’t been yet: Kenya. One of my best friends is from there and it sounds fascinating. They call Nairobi the “city of eternal spring” and I really like the sound of that.
- What you make for dinner when you’re home alone: I usually make up weird dishes that I wouldn’t necessarily feel comfortable feeding someone else. Sometimes they’re a hit and I will make them again and again. Others are seriously bad!
- Favorite drink: I love carajillos, which is a shot of espresso over ice with sweet liquor (usually Liquor 43). They are a great afternoon pick-me-up. I always add a splash of cream.
- If you could wear one outfit for the rest of your life: Oh gosh, as much as love clothes and fashion it would probably be comfortable (albeit cute!): sneakers, skinny jeans, a linen button-down, and a cozy but light crewneck on top. That’s pretty much been my go-to uniform since I was 16.
- Favorite Flower: For years it’s been freesias, but recently I’m more of a violet girl.
- Favorite Makeup brand: So funny you should ask, Anna! I actually just wrote a post about my favourite brand, Laura Mercier.