I am completely obsessed with this one item from Trader Joe’s. It is a staple in our pantry and I use it to make breakfasts, snacks and lunch. It’s healthy, versatile, tasty, and reasonably priced.
Skeptical? Sound too good to be true? I promise you it’s not!
Essentially, as long as I have these in stock, I have a meal at hand.
This item is Trader Joe’s Whole Grain Crisp Bread.
These crisps are so versatile and can cater to most dietary restrictions.
They are nut free, relatively low carb (4 net carbs), have more than 12% of your daily fiber, only one gram of sugar, and can be decked out with vegetarian or vegan toppings. No cooking required.
Trader Joes also makes a gluten-free version that is just as tasty but a little more expensive.
The ingredients for the regular (not gluten free) ones are:
Sunflower Seeds, Sesame Seeds, Wholemeal Rye Flour, Oat Bran, Oatmeal, Flaxseed, Spelt Bran, Wheat Bran, Water, Sea Salt, Salt, Oregano, Thyme
The number of ways you can top them are endless, but here are a few of our favorite combinations:
- Smoked Salmon, Kite Hill Non-Dairy Chive Cream Cheese (or regular Cream Cheese), Capers and/or Fresh Dill
- Kite Hill Non-Dairy Jalapeno Cream Cheese (or regular Cream Cheese), Cucumber or Radishes, Fresh Dill or Mint, Salt and Pepper
- Avocado, Red Pepper Flakes, Cilantro, Lemon, Salt and Pepper
- Hummus, Cucumber, Feta and Micro Greens
- Tuna or Chicken Salad
- Kite Hill Non-Dairy Ricotta (or regular Ricotta), Tomato, Fresh Basil, Salt and Pepper
- Any Nut Butter, Banana, Coconut Flakes
- Any Nut Butter, Goji Berries, Cacao Nibs, Coconut Flakes
- Any Nut Butter, Raspberries, Honey Drizzle
- Any Nut Butter, Jam